Thursday, October 11, 2012

On the Horizon

 
Now that MMGG is over (and thanks once again for making it such a success!), I wanted to let you know what's on the horizon for this blog in the coming weeks and months.

As you'll notice, I changed the subtitle of the blog to reflect the direction we'll be going. Here's the plan:

On Mondays, I'll review a middle grade book and give links to activities and sites that go along with it. This will often include a giveaway of the week's book. On Thursdays, we'll dig a little deeper and pull the science out of these books, including a mind-blowingly (that's a word) fun and educational science activity for families and/or classrooms that ties into Monday's book. In some cases, the science is right there at the forefront of the story. In other cases, we'll have to dig a little deeper. But that's part of the fun!

Since I'm just a part-time scientist who happens to love books, I'm calling in the experts. And I'm so excited about my experts! So far, I've enlisted the help of talented authors who also happen to be a biologist, an ecologist, an astronomer, and an immunologist, as well as an award-winning elementary school teacher. These science activities are going to be fabulous!

If you are an author, scientist, teacher, or parent who'd like to participate, please let me know!

I hope you'll check back in Monday, when we'll start off with the first book review. And then come back Thursday to see where the science takes us!

Honestly, I can't wait. :)

Now it's your turn: What books and topics should we cover? Any ideas or thoughts? I'd love your input!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love this idea! It sounds like so much fun. I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete