Monday, November 4, 2013

My Very UnFairy Tale Life by Anna Staniszewski

From Goodreads: You know all those stories that claim fairies cry sparkle tears and elves travel by rainbow? They're lies. All lies. I've spent my life as an official adventurer. I travel across enchanted kingdoms saving magical creatures and fighting horrible beasts that most of you think are only myths and legends. I've never had a social life. My friends have all forgotten me. And let's not even talk about trying to do my homework. So -- I'm done!! I'm tired and I want to go back to being a normal girl. But then along comes "Prince Charming" asking for help, and, well, what's a tired girl like me supposed to do?

My Two Cents: This book is a great pick for girls who are looking for a little adventure. Jenny is smart and strong, but also totally relatable and an authentic tween. From the opening sequence (involving crazed unicorns!) to the final chapter, this book kept me smiling and turning the pages.

Grade Level: 3-6

Additional Resources:
  • Visit Anna Staniszewski's website
  • Jenny has a special bracelet with purple gemstones. Check out this online gemstone guide and see what you think it was made of. Which are your favorites?
  • Jenny loves to play mini golf. Practice a round here, then go outside and make your own course!
  • The animals in this book have a hard time communicating. Learn lots of cool facts about how real animals communicate from Animal Planet.
  • One of the dangerous things Jenny faces in this book is a poisonous flower. Could there be poisonous flowers near you right now? Find out here.
More to Read:

1 comment: