My Two Cents: This book is a great pick for girls who are looking for a little adventure. Jenny is smart and strong, but also totally relatable and an authentic tween. From the opening sequence (involving crazed unicorns!) to the final chapter, this book kept me smiling and turning the pages.
Grade Level: 3-6
- Visit Anna Staniszewski's website
- Jenny has a special bracelet with purple gemstones. Check out this online gemstone guide and see what you think it was made of. Which are your favorites?
- Jenny loves to play mini golf. Practice a round here, then go outside and make your own course!
- The animals in this book have a hard time communicating. Learn lots of cool facts about how real animals communicate from Animal Planet.
- One of the dangerous things Jenny faces in this book is a poisonous flower. Could there be poisonous flowers near you right now? Find out here.
- The other (equally awesome) books in this series--My Epic Fairy Tale Fail and My Sort Of Fairy Tale Ending
- Another very funny book about a "regular" kid who ends up having larger-than-life adventures: Geeks, Girls, and Secret Identities by Mike Jung
- Another book about kids with a responsibility to magical creatures (and loved ones who share those ties): Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
- Another book about a tough, adventurous girl who has questions about her parents: Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage